Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Week 1: EJ 1

Hi Everyone, Welcome to my Electronic Journal Blog.

Web 2.0 technologies is not not new to me, I read blogs, call my family using Skype, chat with my friends by using MSN, watch Taiwan TV show in Yourtube, etc. It is part of my life already. I do consider myself as a follower in this realm but not leader yet and this is part of the goal I want to reach, hopfully after this class?

I think Web 2.0 technology is really powerful to our filed and also change people's lives greatly.
I found a video of Clay Shirky-- the author of Here comes everybody(the textbook we need to read this week)





It's about 43 minutes presentation and he points some interesting things about Web 2.0 technology with our society now. The Web 2.0 he used in his presentation, I believe, is familiar with almost people today.

I really like Web 2.0 technology and become very relying on it. This is one of the disadvantage of Web 2.0, I think. As a user, I become nerves without internet, youtube, blogs, searching engine... As a student, the first thing I do if I want to find out answers or research resources, I go to web not library. I think Web 2.0 technology is powerful but dangerous if we did not use it carefully or correctly in Instructional Design.

No comments: